Monday

A Print A Year



I ran across the most wonderful website for buying illustrations: Thumbtack Press. It's curated, but offers a great variety of amazing artists from around the world. Most everything is illustration, with the occasional odd medium thrown in. Most artists have six or seven pieces available on the site, so there's plenty to choose from if you'd like a duet or trio of similar pieces on your wall.

Anyway, it's a lovely site with all sorts of colorful (and not colorful) pieces to choose from. Very exciting to look through! After perusing, I thought I'd really like to get this one for my niece (she'll be four at the end of July). I've been thinking for a while about collecting a print for my darling Emma for each year of her life and giving her the collection perhaps on her 18th birthday if she's ready for it or maybe when she strikes out on her own with her first apartment. I heard about this from a blogger (I can't for the life of me remember which one) and haven't been able to get the idea out of my head for months since. I might be a couple years behind, but I think I would like to start collecting art for her. It could be a special thing we do together as she gets older and I can help her learn about art along the way.

This Suitcase print by Lilly Piri ($30) is available at Thumbtack Press along with a trillion other amazing pieces you should definitely check out as soon as you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think: