Friday

The Crux of Buying Handmade



I'm not sure how many of you make a habit of buying handmade. But I want to tell you how important it is to me. As I search for the words, I realize how difficult it is to voice the weight of this choice I've made in my life. Because I value what's put into my art, I value what is put into the art of others. And with that understanding of value comes the decision to support those that put their heart and soul, their blood, sweat, and tears into their work.

While I may still be searching for the perfect ways to explain it to you, I've run across this brilliant article by Brittni over at Papernstitch that really explains one side to the decision to support handmade and offers up some great comments from her readers as well. I hope you'll pop on over and see a little of her experience with handmade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think: