Well! I'm excited to let you know I've been building a business for the past few months. While I'm no longer posting pretty things daily, I am regularly blogging at http://www.lauracgeorge.com/blog.
But what am I really doing?
I'm teaching artists how to turn their passion into a profitable business using the internet as a means of widening their reach to increase their sales. I teach everything from the tech side of building a website to pricing to scaling your products and leveraging your time... all the way to marketing. I call myself a business coach for creatives.
If you'd love that kind of help, I invite you to check out my site and my blog for free tips. I offer one-on-one coaching if you need that extra push. And you can jump on my newsletter so you never have to remember to check the blog ever again.
You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest (with lots of curated pretty things).
If you have questions, let me know in the comments or in an email.
Need some fierce, but boardroom appropriate heels? J. Crew has this gorgeous pair of Adrianna Satin Buckle Pumps ($190) in this great deep teal, a pinky cognac, and mustard yellow. And all those straps and buckles... absolutely f.i.e.r.c.e.
with virtual hugs,
Who doesn't love a fun color combo? This combination of mustard and teal is so versatile that you can add it to any aspect of your life. Here are my 3 favorite ways!
1. Warm It Up - Keep yourself warm as the cold weather approaches with The Conversion Cowl ($98) from Awkward and these Knit Lace Fingerless Mitts ($24) from Neeka Knits.
2. Delightful Decorating - Outfit your home with some bright lace! I like this Crocheted Doily Blanket ($65) by Good Knits and the Crochet Lace Doily Bowl Basket ($18) from On The Hook.
3. Adorning Bling - Be sure to finish off any look with a little color and lace. The perfect jewels for the job? The Vintage Venice Lace Necklace ($21) by Cheri Larson, the Tatted Lace Bracelet ($14) from Totus Mel, and this Lace Ariadne Headband ($25) from Branch Bound.
with virtual hugs,
I hate when I'm shopping online and have to pay shipping at every store because I couldn't find the outfit in one place.
I love when I'm shopping online and can find the whole outfit in one store and only pay one shipping charge.
So I've rounded up an outfit from Warehouse that's awesome to take from work to a night out. Start with this Chevron Pleat Shift Dress ($89) in a pretty wine color. Add the Drape Pocket Jacket ($107) in that great cream as a nice work coverup. Accessorize with this Snake Purse ($28) and some simple black heels. When it's time to go out, just throw the jacket in your car and you'll look perfectly sexy.
with virtual hugs,
So here's an update on the Twelve By 2012 Project. If you didn't read my first post about the project, just click that link.
Here are the goals again as a reminder:
1. Finish decorating and organizing my studio space in our new place.
2. Fill up my jewelry shop online so there's product there to sell.
3. Finish the self-critique pdf I've been working on.
4. List all those things on eBay that are sitting in boxes in the dining room.
5. Create lovely gifts for all our family members for Christmas.
6. Actually decorate the apartment for Christmas this year.
7. Discover a great method of staging the photos of my intaglio prints.
8. Add more options to my indiepreneur coaching services.
9. Make a plan for my portfolio website.
10. Find a dance studio in our new city.
11. Create a mood board for the living room.
12. Actually work toward each and every one of these goals, ultimately completing them even if it's in the new year.
I've made a little progress on goal #1. I obtained a nice work table from a friend and have bought some spray paint and such to get it ready for my studio space. Just have to actually take the time to paint it... #2 is actually being held off on until 2012 because........... I enrolled in Laura Roeder's Creating Fame (which began officially yesterday, so if you're interested you'll have to wait until next year)! It's a big time commitment in addition to the monetary commitment, but there will be big pay offs. But my focus during Creating Fame is entirely on my coaching services, so my jewelry shop will have to be on the back burner. So goal #2 is officially changed to "Fully involve myself in the Creating Fame program."
I made some good headway on goal #3, my self-critique pdf, but haven't done a thing about the stuff I need to sell (goal #4).
Today, I bought my first gift for Christmas to get started on goal #5. I would reveal it here, but I don't want the recipient to know about it! And I'm not starting on goal #6 until the day after Thanksgiving out of principle.
I've got a plan in my head for photographing my prints to finish goal #7, but I have to test it out. I can go ahead and CHECK goal #8 OFF MY LIST!! While there are still a few more things I want to add to my coaching services, I've added 3 new services since starting Twelve by 2012. My portfolio website (goal #9) is also going on the back burner while I work on Creating Fame.
Goal #10 has been ignored; goal #11 is getting barely pieced together little by little; and it looks like I'm doing very well with goal #12! Hooray!
What are your goals before 2012? Do you feel a push from any of my goals?
with virtual hugs,
I love this little MP3 Speaker ($10) from Urban Outfitters. stocking stuffer... You can easily throw it in your purse to use when you want to amplify the normal speaker on your phone. It's good for playing a song for a friend or listening to an audio book or webinar in the car.